How To Tell If Someone Has Stolen A Model

• What are you attempting to achieve? (Keep it simple and clear)
    I want to know if there is any to tell if someone has stolen a model/mesh.
  • What is the issue? (Keep it simple and clear - Include screenshots/videos/GIFs if possible)
    I’m a contributor for TDS: 2019 and the owner for another game called Old TDS and people in the community have been suspected for submitting stolen maps.
  • What solutions have you tried so far? (Have you searched for solutions through the Roblox Wiki yet?)
    The only solutions I’ve tried are to check if there are any scripts which have “Decompling is disabled” or if the mesh ID’s are located to the original owner. So far these are effective but isn’t enough evidence.
1 Like

If they stole it through exploiting, it’s a crime, but if they just copied it by hand, Roblox can’t copyright that.

1 Like

I don’t think there is a real way to prevent an exploiter from taking your models.

Maybe add lots of scripts in the model that will break the model if someone else uses it? Idk

Not sure how you could do that, is that even possible? You really couldn’t detect if someone else like an exploiter has managed to get their hands on your models, if there is a way then that’s nice to know.

Pretty sure you can check the game’s owner ID, and if it’s not yours, then it breaks it.