How to turn a player into a custom character?

Alright, so the title says most of it, but I’ll still say it here.
I’m trying to use a require script to turn a player into a custom character.
This custom character is fit and named exactly as any r6 rig is, and is fully rigged.
I tried using this post: How to change custom character during game, as well as a variety of videos.
So after following said post, I successfully made my character change into the rig. The only problem is that, well, it lacks any connections to the player scripts (For example, character movement relative to the rig, or moving the rig in general).
I tried re-parenting the original player’s scripts into the rig, but those only contain health and animations. Can someone help me with this?

1 Like

can you use a humanoid description? if not maybe try changing Player.CharacterAutoLoads to false, cloning the character, and changing the Player.Character to the rig.

Hi! So, no, I cannot use the humanoid description to fix this issue, but I did, however, gain some interesting results from your second option! I created a script to do this, but when firing off the script, it did turn off CharacterAutoLoads, but it did not change the player’s character.
However, if I change the player’s character manually, it works fine, with a few minor adjustments needed like changing the camera’s focus.

So I just butchered up a character morph and used the scripts I found to change the character! It worked perfectly, with the only downside being a lack of animations when used (Though it’s quite easy to re-add those in).

You can just put the character model at StarterPlayer, and name the model to StarterCharacter. I hope that i helped! :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.