How to turn map into a mesh for opitmization?

How do I turn parts in my map to meshs to optimize my game?

My game is very laggy with streaming enabled and I need help opitmizing it.

Heres what it looks like

Are you sure the roads and land are causing it to lag? From what it looks like, you are using massive amounts of terrain water. Can you try removing the water?

NO!

Don’t turn your stuff randomly into meshes to fix lag. It won’t fix lag. It’ll only extend loading times (yuck!).

Reduce the water. Also what are your StreamingEnabled properties? It doesn’t look like you have it enabled because of how massive this map is.

1 Like

Here is the settings. Also is there a workaround water?

) - Roblox Studio 1_31_2023 10_12_09 PM

Do you allow players to go in the water? How think is the water? For this much water I suggest using parts if it’s only for show.

Also I suggest lowering the 1024 to 512. All depends on the game really but don’t be afraid to lower it. 512-800 is a decent range in my opinion.

) - Roblox Studio 2_1_2023 9_06_17 PM

You want to change stream out behavior to low memory.

Also, remove unnecessary terrain:

I don’t think this is right.

Opportunistic will force streaming out regardless if the player is experiencing low memory or not. Unless I’m getting them mixed up, I think Opportunistic is the best option for most experiences.

@Darknessbussiness I suggest trimming your terrain by removing everything below the red line.

That’s the problem. In my case, streaming out takes up as much processing power as streaming in. It makes the experience have a choppy framerate. You might want to walk back to an area after you’ve already been there, which will be more performant.

Agree.

1 Like

I haven’t heard of this before, do you have a video of it? No need to go out of your way to take one but it’d change how I feel about the setting. I personally find it great for performance and haven’t had this issue even on giant maps but that might be because of my specs.

:+1:

Thanks for the support, I want to delete the extra terrain all at once too, but I don’t know how. Is there a way?

Best bet is using the terrain editor widgets tools.

You can select a large chunk of the terrain and delete it. Then you can use the move option to move it to the next chunk of terrain and repeat.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.