How to turn off self view?

So I am making a pixel art game and therefore I’m not using the default characters on Roblox.
And since I’m not using the character, Roblox gives me an error for self view.

I want to be able to turn self view off, but I don’t know how.

I looked it up and it said it was a core gui, but I tried disabling it and it’s still running.

StarterGui:SetCoreGuiEnabled(Enum.CoreGuiType.All, false) StarterGui:SetCoreGuiEnabled(Enum.CoreGuiType.SelfView, false)

Does anyone have any other solutions?

2 Likes

Do you mean not being able to view the character?
If so you could just change the camera CFrame and make the players Walkspeed and jump power to 0.

1 Like

Nono, I mean I want to completely turn the GUI off. It’s giving me an error.
image_2024-05-09_132631754

These are your script and modules ?
If not, then it doesn’t come from you, it seem to be a new Roblox core script bug so you can’t do anything to fix it… at least i guess, otherwise the error would tell you what is wrong.

Isn’t all GUI already turned of when you use game:GetService("StarterGui"):SetCoreGuiEnabled(Enum.CoreGuiType.All, false)

Yeah, the second one was so I could make sure that wasn’t the problem. Either way the GUI isn’t turning off. Also I looked at the error and realized roblox just really doesn’t want me turning it off
image_2024-05-09_191650838

Yeah it’s roblox’s stuff. That’s my problem. Roblox’s Self view is giving me an error but I can’t turn self view off, so I can’t get rid of the error.

Have you tried disabling the Enable Camera toggle in your game’s Communication settings in Studio?

I didn’t even know that was an option. Looked it up and didn’t even find anything. Thank you so much!