How to use CollectionService.TagAdded?

TL;DR CollectionService.TagAdded fires when a new CollectionService Tag is created. If you want to trigger an event when a tag is added to an object, check the code in the solution below.

I have a list of objects and I want to trigger some code when a CollectionService tag is added to one of the objects.

I noticed in the documentation there was an event called CollectionService.TagAdded, but it has pretty much zero documentation and I wasn’t sure how it worked. Could someone explain to me what the event does and how I could solve my problem?

I think it does what it says: Whenever a new Tag has been added, it starts a function. You can put the Name of the tag as a variable

.TagAdded is when a new tag is actually created. You should be using :GetInstanceAddedSignal to detect when new objects are added to your tag instead.

Code:

CollectionService:GetInstanceAddedSignal("MyCoolTag"):Connect(function(coolObject)

end)
3 Likes

Well the event doesn’t have an Instance parameter, so I wasn’t sure how to figure out how this would work.

Just like @Katrist said. It only runs when a new Tag is added, not when somethings gets added in the tag.

Alright this worked great, thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.