How to use DataStore2 - Data Store caching and data loss prevention

I see, I thought they were asking what the manually set data was for, I should’ve looked more into the message before answering, that’s for the correction <3

1 Like

How do I save weapons with this datastore? Thx for replying.

What do you mean by this. Weapons can come in many forms. Do you mean Roblox tools or is it something you created yourself.

Either way, you should save a table with a unique key for that weapon and all its adjustments/attachments/skins, and when you load the dataStore, just load the weapon data and recreate a copy of the same weapon.

I’ve learned many things about this module today, and I’m definitely gonna use this in my games! You did a really good job on this one! :+1: :grin:

Is it possible to change datastores from the client?

Only the server can, you’ll need to validate data sent from the client for security purposes.

1 Like

I’ve made an inventory system that saves data in a string, is there a way to erase data for testing purposes?

You can use a datastore editor plugin
There is are free versions out there (I have good experiences with this one), and there is a paid one. That paid one is much better than the free versions, but they also work for what is needed.
The paid version has already been posted in this thread with a tutorial here by @EmeraldLimes.
This method also works with the free ones.
Similarly, a script that sets the data to nil may work, but I, personally, have not tested that, and, therefore, cannot say for certain, and I do not wish to steer you in the wrong direction.
Hope any of this helps

4 Likes

I have no idea why this happens, it doesn’t happen in studio and happens randomly when i teleport myself to a private server. when trying the same thing in another place I cant reproduce this. It takes around a minute or two for things to fully load in, this started after I added a few leaderboards but Idk what this has to do with this. I rechecked the code countless of times nothing seems out of order, all keys have been combined, its rlly weird

What is the value of the key? Is it from DataStore2?

The ordered thing? No. I think this happens because of the many data store get requests the many leaderboards do, kinda weird the queue system just freezes like this tho

It’s probably the leaderboard that is setting requests for no reason.

Well what do you mean for no reason?

I can’t be sure, but it’s writing to the same key in an indefinite loop. This doesn’t look like a reasonable data store change.

Is there any way to see what is the source

I suggest you use ProfileService because it is easy to learn and save players’ data very easily.

Home page: ProfileService

API: API - ProfileService

1 Like

how would I snag an ordered datastore from datastore2, if I’m making a global leaderboard? any ideas?

Let’s say for whatever reason the developer prefers to remove the model and go back to the default way of doing things. If the settings are set to the “Bereza method,” how would the developer convert back?

DataStore2 is not for ordered leaderboards.

Data is not transferred. You will have to do that process yourself. You should never use anything other than “Standard”, there is no point.