How to use Roblox Studio offline

Roblox has been down for over 48 hours which has become detrimental to developers. The studio program is quite litterly blocked by a GUAC policy error.

Though you can avoid this GUAC policy error by using a beta release build of Roblox Studio - the one I have on my computer is the Parallel Lua beta which is completely isolated instance of Roblox Studio before Parallel Lua was released to the public beta branch.

Though this method is particularly hit or miss with authentication servers, I have managed to log in after a few attempts during the outage though, which is more than I can say for Mr. GUAC Studio.

Because the studio build was a separate branch it’s separated from utilising similar boot methods to the current Roblox Studio - you can even see the old logo. (Nostalgia :grimacing:)

14 Likes

Could you upload the release build you have? I have bunch of code ive been writing on vscode that I want to test out.

I’m unsure if I’m allowed to redistribute the build, but the forum link is here:

Or go directly through their link.

They removed it from github. So its no longer there.

Yeah dont. It says in the Limited use licence that you cant distribute it: LIMITED USE LICENSE - Luau

They took both down from github

Really is work ? Im scared :cold_sweat::cold_sweat::cold_sweat::cold_sweat: