How to use Roblox's Script Recover Feature on Mac

I couldn’t find any tutorial on how to use this feature on Mac. Was wondering if anyone knows?

Being on mac shouldn’t effect this feature. What is your problem?

How do I use the feature in the first place?

I have no idea I would recommend regular auto recoverys.

How do I turn that feature on? I never knew it was a thing.

Auto recovery is always on! It auto saves your game every time and time again.

Okay, but Script Recovery is not always on, and auto recovery does not save scripts. Therefore, I still need to figure out how to use Script Recovery on Mac.

You go back in time with auto recovery copy the code and come back and paste it?

I don’t think you understand how script recovery and auto recovery work.

No you dont, what is the problem with going back in time and copying the script?

Screen Shot 2022-08-20 at 12.03.28 AM
is it really that hard for you to open auto saves?

Auto Saves does not save the Script. That is what Script Recovery is for. Whenever you exit out of a game without saving a script. Only the game saves while the script does not. That is why script recovery exists. Is to recover the scripts that weren’t saved when the game was exited.

Autosave should save the script regularly. It might not be the latest edition, but you should likely only lose about 5m of work maybe maximum 10 minutes of work.

Yes, but script recovery is here to help solve that 5 - 10 minute wasted. Which is what I want to do.

I personally haven’t ever had to deal with this issue too much, but if you want to use script recovery just open roblox studio > go to view > and open script recovery. This should work.

What button do I press in order to get the script back? The “file” icon does nothing, while the others only show me the script/progress that I had lost.

The script should just show up in the script recovery. If it doesn’t its gone forever.

Yes, it does, but how do I transfer it back to the original script? I can’t copy and paste the script nor can I save the script somewhere else.

macOS cannot open .LUA files, while Windows can.

I am also wondering the same thing.