How to use the Roblox web api thing via HTTP service?

Hello,

So recently I have wanted to test around using the Roblox api and sending it via the HTTP service. I tried to do this directly but I got an error of “Trust check failed”. I did some research and found that it seems Roblox blocks requests to there own api. I will leave the code below but I think that is the issue anyways.

I don’t really know what other way I can do this now due to finding this out. Lots of posts here on the dev form talked about using the proxy rprxy but after reviewing this it seems that they no longer host this service. I was just wondering if anyone knows of any way to get around this issue I am having.

Simple code I did to test it out:

local HTTP = game:GetService("HttpService")

local Response = HTTP:GetAsync("https://games.roblox.com/v1/games?universeIds=1225282225")

local Converstion = HTTP:JSONDecode(Response)

print(Converstion)

I don’t really want to host my own proxy just for this one reason because I would not use it for anything else really and feel like it would be a waste of my time and money.

https://developer.roblox.com/en-us/api-reference/class/HttpService

• Requests cannot be made to any Roblox website, such as www.roblox.com.

You can’t make requests to Roblox API endpoints directly using the HttpService service, you’ll need to proxy requests beforehand.

The follow can be used to proxy requests to Roblox API endpoints:

Please may I suggest you read a post before responding so that do you not just repeat what people say.

As I stated in my post I already know that you can’t do it directly and I said I do not want to host a proxy really just for this. The rprxy is no longer being hosted so not a ton of use for me because I don’t really want to have to host this.

I was just wondering if there is any current ones being hosted (proxy) or any other way I would bypass it.

The github is the continuation of rprxy.xyz, you can host it using herokuapp and then make requests to Roblox API from within a Roblox game.

I’ll link some alternatives: