How to use VectorForce

How to use VectorForce, i think BodyForce was better, i quite dont understand this one, i already readed the documentation

1 Like

I myself also isn’t that knowledgeable in VectorForce I recommend reading the API
https://developer.roblox.com/en-us/api-reference/class/VectorForce

2 Likes

What are you trying to use it for, and what have you tried so far to make it work?
If you read the documentation what part don’t you understand?
Did you put an Attachment at the point you want the VectorForce to act at?

Read the Location of Force section of the link that @EnigmaticDevil posted.

You can do all the same things with a VectorForce that you can do with a BodyForce. You need to use an Attachment to set up the VectorForce though.

1 Like

So we need a attachment now to apply force in the attachment position?

The old BodyMovers are still available, so no. But if you want to use a VectorForce then yes.

VectorForce has a bunch of features that BodyForce lacks though, while being able to 100% cover anything that is possible with BodyForce. I agree that having to use an Attachment is a bit of an inconvenience but IMO it’s worth it.

4 Likes

they dont show you script examples

a downgrade for sure if attachments are required.

1 Like

You probably don’t have to bump a post that was solved almost a year ago.

How is an Attachment a disadvantage compared to the other advantages as @ThanksRoBama Emma mentioned?
You can locate where the force is enacted to wherever you want just by moving the Attachment.

1 Like

its a reply not a bump btw, and yes it is a downgrade compared to the old version.