How to use viewportframe

yes I know. I know what a CFrame is.

camera.Focus = CFrame.new(object:GetPivot().Position + Vector3.new(object:GetPivot().Position * 2, 0, 0))

is a CFrame or coordinateFrame

What, the Camwra is under the Frame? If I’m not wrong taht doesn’t work, could be me tho

Okay, then I think you need to get the primary parts position, like:

camera.Position = model.PrimaryPart.Position + CFrame.new(model:GetPivot.Position * 2, 0, 0)

You cannot add a vector3 to a CFrame. You also cannot set the position to a CFrame.

to set an objects CFrame you do

object.CFrame = (cframe)

in the case, you are only able to set the cameras focus to a CFrame and not vector3. A CFrame is the combination of both a vector3 position and a orientation into one thing.

to manage a CFrame you can do

CFrame = CFrame.New(Vector3.new(pos,pos,pos)) * CFrame.Angles(Vector3.new(orientation,orientation,orientation))

Forgot that the pivot used Vector3, simply use the PrimaryParts size, taht might work

pivot gives you a CFrame. CFrame.Position gives you a vector3. You may need to read up on how to code for roblox.

for beginners like you!

1 Like

This module seems to do what you’re asking for, with an explanation here

I don’t use modules, sorry. I don’t think what I’m doing requires more than 10 lines of code and I want to just code it instead of over complicating things with unnecescary scripts and potential backdoors. I also looked at the preview and its spinning the objects in the viewportframe while also have some complex
“scale” option. I don’t need extra code I just want to make the object go in my viewportframe. I don’t need any auto adjusting, rotating objects.

You’re supposed to put a World Model into the Viewport Frame and put your parts in there. Or maybe the camera’s CFrame is wrong (That’s what I’m seeing, but I think it’s the World Model).

Can you show me the children of the Viewport Frame?

please look at my previous replies which I supplied images which show information pertaining to how I have things sset up

1 Like

I tried and it still doesnt work

local clone = data.Template:Clone()
clone.Parent = data

local object = game.ReplicatedStorage.Info[v.Name][A.Name].Lv1:Clone()
object.Parent = clone.ViewportFrame

local camera = Instance.new("Camera")
camera.Parent = clone

clone.ViewportFrame.CurrentCamera = camera
camera.Focus.Position = object:GetPivot().Position + Vector3.new(object:GetPivot().Position * 2, 0, 0)

You gotta put your model in the World Model. Everything you see in the viewport goes in the World Model. + I would put the camera inside the Viewport Frame just in case.

Is the Viewport Frame big enough?

Link to relevant post:

dude we arent talking about zooming to models we are talking about the fact that nothing is popping up even though we are setting the camera CFrame to the modele

well actually it did work however its not looking good

I want it to be centered and also to be more in frame

Try increasing or decreasing the FieldOfView or the fovDivisor.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.