How to weld a tool to a custom character?

I have a custom character that i’ve imported from mixamo with animations and I want to make tools usable on the character.

The big problem is that the character dosen’t have seperate arms, for me to just use a simple RightHand solution. Both hands and head are made in a single mesh.

I’ve searched this a lot but I am not able to fix it. How would I go about welding the tool to the character? The tool has to follow the player’s arms for the animation to look nicely. If you have any ideas plz let me know.

but bone in tool (make sure its weighted in blender) and attach bone to arm bone

1 Like

That seems to be it!
Could you lend me one more detail?

How would I go about placing the tool correctly in the player’s hand? Would I need to change tool orientation or something to the bones?

1 Like

you need grip editor in plugins then edit the grip of the tool

I have managed to figure it out by just changing the orientation and position of the bone to satisfy my needs. I am not sure if the grip editor works with custom characters, maybe so. I thought it works with only roblox characters.

Anyways, thanks a lot guys!

mark the solution comment so that they know it’s solved

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.