How would I achieve glass shaders / styles on roblox?

I am currently making a room that is inspired by reference pictures. These reference pictures include distorted glass (“privacy glass”). How would I replicate it on Roblox?

I have attempted to find solutions but could not find any good ones. This glass is there for aesthetic purposes that are important to my art style. The only alternative solution would be to remove the glass entirely, which wouldn’t look good.

4 Likes

I’ve used textures with a slightly transparent part when trying to make stuff like this. This to my knowledge is the easiest way to do it, it’ll just need some slight property tweaking.

1 Like

Hey! Sorry for the late reply but could you describe this process in greater detail?

1 Like

This looks great! It’s like the ones they use in Hospitals! (If I’m not wrong)

1 Like

Ok, so you know the material creator. Go to a texture website (or make your own) and create a texture that has the detail you want, then apply it to a part. Then once you tweak the specs, make the part slightly transparent. Hope this helped if you need more help then just let me know.

1 Like

Hey, Sorry for the late reply, but this has already been attempted. It does not work. The goal of this is to refract the light in the same way as shown in the picture (taken from the game INFRA)

I have actually managed to do this! I went into blender, subdivided a plane and added the displacement modifier with my bumpmap! It worked like a charm.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.