How Would I Create Holes Or Slashes In A Character

I have searched the internet, and have not too much like what I want to achieve. I am looking for a simple way, probably using something like mesh deformation to create holes or slashes in a character. I am not sure how I would achieve this without having a heap of bones everywhere, and having an animation set for each one.

An example would be Crocodile from One Piece

Any help to help me create a system like this is appreciated.

It depends on how you go about this, but I wouldn’t really recommend holes in characters as that may be getting dangerously close to breaking ToS.

But for holes in general, you can use In-Game Solid Modeling (just note that it’s server-side only for some reason).

I’ve been thinking about this myself; I don’t think Roblox has anything appropriate. Either it is indeed like you say, a heap of bones everywhere, or you have to essentially make every possible combination of holes modeled beforehand.

I wonder if replacing the torso or arms with a separate model with the correct bones would work? I wonder how it would handle animations, and how easy it would be to add extra body parts to a folder inside the character model

Was this not what you were looking for?

No it isn’t. I’m not sure how well CSG would work, and I’m also not sure if the player model is a part, I think it’s mesh, and I’m not sure how I would texture something like that. Thanks for your answer though, it is something I will consider trying.

Unless you’re using blocky 1.0 avatars, you can replace them with regular parts. But I don’t think this is a good idea in general anyway.

Check out :UnionAsync or :SubtractAsync, maybe they’re useful for what you’re trying to accomplish.
https://developer.roblox.com/en-us/api-reference/function/BasePart/UnionAsync
https://developer.roblox.com/en-us/api-reference/function/BasePart/SubtractAsync

Yep. You can replace individual parts with other meshes. Should work still fine. Alternatively you could weld the new model to it’s corresponding original, and then make the original invisible.

maybe this video might help

1 Like