How would I create this effect?

In the new SharkBite lobby there is this new area for SharkBite2, which has an image that appears 3D but is not 3D, how do I make this?

Uploading: image.png…

1 Like

This is complicated to explain but:
For the 1st one, it only works with meshparts with texture. Then you have to apply ForceField material on the meshpart.

2 Likes

I can only imagine that it’s a ViewportFrame I’m guessing they made a system that perfectly align the camera angle with the one in the workspace

1 Like

No, :man_facepalming: the 3D image in the back, not the force field

Are there any tutorials on how I could make anything similar?

Cant you use a surfacegui with a viewport frame?

I will explain to the best of my abilities.

ViewportFrame

What is it?

A ViewportFrame is a Gui instance that can project objects(such as Part, MeshPart, Union) parented to them. (Have you ever seen buttons of a weapon spninning? Their using a ViewportFrame for that.)

How can I use it?

First, make a Camera inside of the Viewport frame, then set the ViewportFrame.CurrentCamera property of it to the camera we just created.
And using scripts(can be a LocalScript or a ServerScirpt) to set the CFrame of the camera to somewhere close to the part and make the camera look at it and boom! all parts placed inside(That is within the sight of the camera) will be visible on the ViewportFrame!

What to do exacly
So, first off make a SurfaceGui in pretty much anywhere but for sake of not making the server lag, parent it to the StarterGui, and set the SurfaceGui.Adornee property to the part you want to project the image onto. Now make a ViewportFrame in the SurfaceGui you just created(Position and scale of it is up to you), put the scenery you want to project to the part, into the ViewportFrame. Next make a Camera in the ViewportFrame then, again set the CurrentCamera property to the Camera. Now make a LocalScript in the SurfaceGui. Use it to set the Camera CFrame to infront or in the middle of your scenery and make it look the same direction the player’s Camera(The one in the workspace if you didn’t know) is facing.

That about it, if there’s any questions, plase let me know and I will answer, Good luck!

2 Likes

Ok nevermind, go with @Sir_Pixelated instead. Thought you were talking about the window effect for the 1st picture.