How would I do this?

Hey there, it’s been a while since I’ve used this platform, but I just had a question.

I love music, and anything to do with it, and I’ve had the idea of creating a game like The Beatles: Rockband but for Roblox, but instead of it being just the Beatles, it would be with multiple bands, like The Doors, The Who, Queen, and bands from the 70’s, 80’s, 90’s, and maybe from the 2000’s.

The game would include visuals, custom charting, animations, etc. but I’ve had a few questions, or I guess mainly one. The game would incorporate live settings of certain songs, from their real life counterpart.

How would I incorporate the music from those bands into this game? Is it even possible?

I was considering using 8 bit versions but I don’t know. Any suggestions will help. Thanks!

Also some insight to the Beatles game i’m talking about if you dont know what it is, which uses live landscapes and “weird” landscapes:
Example 1
Example 2

1 Like

Well usually it would be as simple as you get the music file and upload it to roblox, however:

Now I am no legal expert and I haven’t looked into this, so take it with a grain of salt, but,
Copyright. You’d either need to pay for the rights or get permission to use the music in the game, if the tracks are copyrighted (which most of them probably would be)

So, doing this idea on roblox, without a kings ransom, would probably be impossible because of copyright (especially with queen in the list)

I do believe however, if you do remix the music ENOUGH, you should be fine.
8-Bit versions should be good to use (I think)

IF you are bothered though, there is a recreation of the game “Guitar Hero” called “Clone Hero” which you can make custom song charts for, if you wanted to you could just chart all the songs there for yourself, and you could probably also upload them for other people to download and play.
If you do upload them though, don’t be surprised if they get hit with a DMCA from band managers or something.

2 Likes

Hey there, thanks for the reply!

I guess I could use 8 bit versions, but then again, they do kind of ruin the whole music experience, but if it’s the only way around it, I’ll do it.

It might be possible with more recent bands, like Nirvana and such, but who knows.

Once again, thanks for the reply, I’ll see what I can do. If anyone else has any thoughts they’d like to share, feel free to comment!