How would I export a character model into multiple parts (blender 2.8)?

Sorry if it’s a silly question, but I’m getting tired of using the Blender Rig Exporter every time. If I export it normally, I get 1 single character object, no separate parts. Is there a way to do this?

2 Likes

You can select one part and export by selection? I don’t know if this is faster or not. You can try it though.

It’s not. That’s a method I’m trying to avoid.

I had this exact same problem when I first started. So here’s the way I fixed it…
Firstly, I get a roblox character onto studio, then I move the parts away from the body.

Next, I select all the body parts then export and finally import the model into Blender.

Then switch to Edit Mode and turn on X-Ray and change it to face select.

Press Ctrl + 1 to enter front view and press B for box select and highlight one of the parts then go to Mesh > Separate > Selection. This will make it into a separate mesh. Repeat this process until all arms and legs are done. Finally, select the head and turn off X-Ray then deselect all the torso faces then Mesh>Separate>Selection.

Now put back all the arms and legs in place and you’re done! I’d upload the accessories separately and putting them back where they originally where.

You won’t have to repeat this process every time you upload a character as you can change the texture of the roblox character anytime. If you wish for me to explain that feel free to reply!

2 Likes

Actually I realise now that you could just change the texture of the already seperated character model you have. Just reply if you need help doing so.

One way to make your method faster, I’d to Press “P” then click separate, or you can press “P” then click separate by loose parts. <— will separate every part that isn’t connected with another.

2 Likes