How would I go about a live trading system?

1. What do you want to achieve? Keep it simple and clear!
    I would like to make a trading system as a project to understand the client-server barrier and how to manipulate it using GUI. I am mostly doing the GUI client-sided and I would adjust values on the server using ServerEvents. A player can send a trade request to a player in the server and once the recipient accepts, the trade starts. Adding or subtracting an offer would ideally be done live using remote events.

2. What is the issue? Include screenshots / videos if possible!
    I would just like to know which is better. Having the server send individual ClientEvents to the sender and recipient which opens the trade GUI and allows them to make live offers using remote events. Or simply having the server replicate the UI to both traders and allowing them to make the trades on the server. I want to use FireAllCients() but wouldnt that just go to all clients and not the two people that the trade concerns?

3. What solutions have you tried so far? Did you look for solutions on the Developer Hub?
    I have tried to issue independent ClientEvents from a server script but it seems like it only replicates to the one accepting the trade. Will try to post a video soon but we will see. The system has multiple function and it could be complex if I were to post it.

Why not just fire to both of the clients instead of all clients?

Will be aborting the project. Got lost in my own code and now dont even know what is wrong or even going on really. Will mark this as the solution for now. Thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.