How would I go about "combining" two separate rigs into a single animation?

I’m trying to think to myself how exactly to go about combining two separate rigs into a single animation. For example, the player, who has their own rig and animations, gets attacked by a monster in a horror game. This monster picks them up and eats them while the player’s character is trying to break free of its grasp. I understand the scripting behind it, I’m just wondering conceptually how this would be pulled off. My theory is as follows, but I believe it’s flawed and isn’t the “industry standard”:

• Once attack is triggered, the player’s camera gets teleported to a fake clone of themselves that participates in a new combined animation that is all in one combined rig. However, in this case, how would you go about making sure the player either is not parented but has inaccurate motion with the monster’s hand, for example, or keep it in place if you are to parent the character to the bone?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

You cannot animate 2 people within one animation you’ll have to script the animation to work for 2 people (also animate it properly!)

this post is a little old, but it should help you.

You basically have to create a file with 2 people, animate both of them, export both animations individually, and set up a script so that they are positioned correctly when playing both animations

You know what, I literally already did that but with a sci-fi syringe injection animation. I used animation events to make the syringe do its injection animation when the view model arm stabbed downwards. Thanks for the resource, though!