How would I go about fading the player into a different avatar?

1. What do you want to achieve?
    I want to fade out the player’s actual avatar and fade in a selected different avatar at the same time.

2. What is the issue?
    I have no idea how I’d go about doing fading in the selected avatar.

3. What solutions have you tried so far? Did you look for solutions on the Developer Hub?
    So far I’ve only managed to smoothly fade out the player’s actual avatar. I did look on the Developer Forum but could only find tutorials on how to fade in the player’s actual avatar on Player.CharacterAdded.

I don’t really sure is this the thing you want but I tried to make it.

Hope this can help you.

What I want kinda looks like that yeah, but without all the smoke and the accessories moving.

maybe something like this could work:

local avatar1 = game.Workspace.Player --idk what script you using so change this
local avatar2 = --Idk whatever avatar you want it to change to

for i = 0, 100, 1 do
    for _, part in pairs(avatar1:GetDescendants()) do
       if part:IsA("BasePart") and not part.Name == "HumanoidRootPart" then
             part.Transparency = i/100
        end
  end
  for _, part in pairs(avatar2:GetDescendants()) do
        if part:IsA("BasePart") and not part.Name == "HumanoidRootPart" then
            part.Transparency = 1 - (i/100)
        end
    end
end

Note that this only changes the transparency of the parts, and doesn’t teleport the second avatar to the player

Looks interesting, but yeah, it doesn’t teleport the second avatar to the player and doesn’t let the player control it.

TweenService for fading parts / accessories, and then you just use Humanoid:RemoveAccessories() do a loop through accessories and for each of them do Humanoid:AddAccessory(accessory) to add accessories, also change the face and clothes.

if the character does only use catalog items just make a humanoid description then apply it on the character

1 Like

Interesting, never knew HumanoidDescription was a thing.