How would I go about making a PixelArt game in Roblox?

Currently, if I upload a texture to Roblox, Roblox won’t only downscale it, but it will also put anti-aliasing and some smudge on it, making it impossible to import pixel-art. How would I pull off something like this and import my stuff that looks like this?
38ec5b929d31e1b158674bc8866402ec

7 Likes

A sneaky way to do this is to upload the pixel art texture in ridiculously high resolution, and then put them onto small parts.
Here’s a few space catpeople for a recent minibuild I did with some friends.
They were upscaled in Asesprite by about 10x after creation, thus making them not-blurry. You can achieve the same effect in PDN by resizing on Nearest Neighbor.

4 Likes

There are lots of morphs that have sprites of game characters animated. Try to figure out how they work. Also do what @Iskender_Argead said

They added a new feature today that let’s us do pixel art! It’s just a box tick in the image properties! :open_mouth:

They added a new feature today that let’s us do pixel art!

1 Like

can you tell what the feature is?
i cant find it neither can i find how it works

Put your ImageType to Pixelated!

3 Likes

Ah, that’s amazing! I’ve been waiting for something like this for so long… maybe they’ll make an option for textures without blur filtering now, too?

1 Like

How do I do this? This would be really helpful for my pixelaed game!

1 Like

sorry for bumping this topic, but I think I know how to fix your issue.

there’s this thing called chipping pixels. when you upload an image to Roblox and upload in your game you often see a black or white outline around your image when it scales. this is due to bilinear interpolation.

there’s this really cool website called chipng. you can check it out here