How would I go about making client-server-client grenade replication?

I’m currently planning to update my throwable system, I’m going to implement FastCast to it instead of using Roblox’s physics. One problem tho, I’m not sure how would i go about smoothly replicating the projectile’s position from the client-server-client. And NO, i don’t want to make the projectiles server-sided.

Here’s an example of what I’m going for: https://youtu.be/NeFxDKL699c?t=200

Any help is appreciated.

Well, you can do it the other way round, you could go from server to client by using :FireAllClients(). Or you can just do client to server because the client would react faster and be smoother rather than the server.

1 Like

How would i make it smooth tho, without the clients having to trace their own projectiles (which would mean that the physics wouldn’t be accurate in all clients)?

Oh, Then I recommend using roblox’s old velocity property on instances Although it’s deprecated, I believe its the smoothest, it also includes sliding. Something none of the other velocity constraints have.

I’m not going to use roblox’s physics for the projectiles, it’s mentioned in the topic.

do it on the server first i guess?

Yeah I know you were going to use fastcast however I never used it, I thought you had still use some constraints on roblox to do so…

Also, have you tried doing it on the client yet or no? The video you showed probably also did fastcast on the client. Making projectiles on the client is the smoothest, if that’s not smooth enough for you then I really don’t know. I haven’t used fastcast but it does have raycast in the name and I do know that raycasting can be harmful if not used responsibly so ensure you aren’t firing to many “casts” to the client/server I guess. If client is bad then do server and see what that does, test fireallclients/server and see if its smooth or not. If it still isn’t then it might just be due to the way you made the fastcast projectile.