How would I go about tweening with Roact?

While working on making my Roact powered UI a bit more responsive with tweening, I realised that Roact doesn’t support tweening.

The only thing I can think of is using events which pass the instance as an argument, or using bindings to set values. Something like Otter. Roact is already not that great with performance, and it seems detrimental to add even more loops.

Is there such a module which would make this easier, or will I need to implement this myself>

2 Likes

There is an (eventually open-source) library made by the folks at Roblox called Otter. It uses springs and combined with roact bindings you can animate roact UI. If you DM me, I will show you how to find this library. You can find the docs here: https://roblox.github.io/otter/

Trying to find it myself but I can’t it seems its linked incorrectly on the github.io page. Any way I can get my hands on it or use another library for tweening?

It isn’t officially released to the public, but you can find it in CorePackages.

1 Like

Thanks for the info but I can’t find CorePackages in Roblox’s Github repositories. Please help. :sweat_smile:

Sorry about the delay - here is the current location for Otter

As you can note, it’s a folder - to use it, you’ll need to copypaste it into a Rojo project.

3 Likes

All the links expired, or aren’t helpful does anyone have the latest link to Otter or a alternative? it seems useful.

Reselim/Flipper: A motion library for Roblox (github.com)

Flipper is an open source version of Otter that will do the same things for you.

1 Like