How would I go by making a trapdoor

This is what I want but instead of it opening open I want it to open down

I tried cframe.angles but that seems to rotate a part from the center

Depending on where the trapdoor is you have to change the hinge position.
Either the openAngle OR the hingePosition is negative when comparing left to right door. Ex. This was the right door, and left door had openAngle = -90 and hingePosition = trapdoorPart.Position + Vector3.new(0, 0, trapdoorPart.Size.Z/2)

local trapdoorPart = script.Parent
local child_variable = trapdoorPart:FindFirstChild("trapdoorPart") and trapdoorPart.trapdoorPart or trapdoorPart
local isOpen = false
local openAngle = 90 --adjust if up or down depending on the side (90 / -90)

local TweenService = game:GetService("TweenService")

local function toggleTrapdoor()
	local hingePosition = trapdoorPart.Position + Vector3.new(0, 0, -trapdoorPart.Size.Z/2) -- adjust for hindge position [(-)trapdoorPart.Size.X/2, (-)trapdoorPart.Size.Y/2, (-)trapdoorPart.Size.Z/2]
	local targetCFrame
	if isOpen then
		targetCFrame = CFrame.new(hingePosition) * CFrame.Angles(math.rad(-openAngle), 0, 0) * CFrame.new(-hingePosition) * trapdoorPart.CFrame
		isOpen = false
	else
		targetCFrame = CFrame.new(hingePosition) * CFrame.Angles(math.rad(openAngle), 0, 0) * CFrame.new(-hingePosition) * trapdoorPart.CFrame
		isOpen = true
	end

local tweenInfo = TweenInfo.new(5, Enum.EasingStyle.Linear, Enum.EasingDirection.InOut, 0, false, 0) --edit first parameter for Duration (Seconds)
	local tween = TweenService:Create(trapdoorPart, tweenInfo, {CFrame = targetCFrame})
	tween:Play()
end

toggleTrapdoor()

banner

Use PivotTo function on a model ;d