How would I hide the player's username in their GUI?

I was wondering how to hide the player’s username in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

I find that displaying the user’s username and age is rather pointless than helpful, and hiding it would be better (especially considering that I have other GUIs close by).

If this question has already been solved, a link would be nice (I have already attempted to search for an answer and couldn’t find anything relevant).

I’m pretty sure that only hiding that info frame isn’t within the Roblox API. One thing that you can try is setting the topbar transparency to 1 and then putting a white background behind it or something.

I was looking through some old screenshots, and I found that the game R2DA hides the player’s username.

After looking through some of the PlayerGui documentation, I found TopbarEnabled which is what you want: StarterGui:SetCore

2 Likes

Hiding the topbar does not hide the player’s username.

Calling StarterGui:SetCore does hide the information in the top right as shown in the screenshot above and as shown in your screenshot.

1 Like
--original code
pgui:SetTopbarTransparency(1)

--new code
local startergui = game:GetService("StarterGui")
startergui:SetCoreGuiEnabled(Enum.CoreGuiType.All, false)
startergui:SetCore("TopbarEnabled", false)

Thank you @EncodedLua :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No problem! If you find that it helps you, mark the reply as a solution :slight_smile: