How would I hide the spatial voice microphone icon that appears above a player head?

1. What do you want to achieve?
    I want to make it so that for certain players who have spatial voicechat enabled the microphone icon above the players head where the bubble chat is will not show. I’m making it so that for some players, they’re invisible to others and the microphone icon showing gives the players an unfair advantage. If you want me to go into more detail I will but I think that sums it up.

2. What is the issue?
    I don’t know how to get it to hide.

3. What solutions have you tried so far?
    I’ve tried messing with humanoid properties (didn’t work) and searching stuff up but all I get is either news articles talking about how voice chat is new and coming to Roblox or other developers giving their takes on voice chat.

I do not want an entire script, I just want to know how to do it. For example, if it’s a service I need to get then just tell me and, if possible, link a documentation/api website. Thanks!

1 Like

Currently, all you can do with voice chat is check if its enabled. They’re still working on other features, but I bet soon it’ll be possible.

6 Likes

Alright, thanks! Wasn’t quite sure if it was even possible, I tried looking it up but all I got was just news articles talking about the new voice chat or text chat apis.

2 Likes

Track the documentation page to see when new features are implemented, as of right now the only feature exclusive to the service is the following function:

Are there any updates regarding this topic?
The VC Symbol is often getting in the way of screenshots etc.

3 Likes

“soon it’ll be possible”
Roblox, get on this, please, its literally not even possible to mute/unmute in first person locked games without going to settings! and even still, the bubble remains over your head, annoyingly just out of reach of your mouse! ITS TERRIBLE!

man i wish i could just remove mic above my head, because i keep accidentally unmuting myself while clicking in uis or something