How would I import maps built in Roblox Studio in Novetus

Hello! I am trying to figure out how to import Maps built in Current Roblox into Novetus.

What is Novetus?

Novetus is an Old Roblox Bootstrapper, that lets you play on the Old Clients from 2007-2012.

I am attempting to build a Map in the Current Roblox Studio, using Blocky Terrain Plugins.

The issue, is that it won’t let me import custom maps onto Novetus, not even a Baseplate with the Old Sword tool in it!

Every time I try, it says “Failed to Open Document”.

I would only expect issues if I was importing Modern Roblox Lua, but not with basic parts!

If anyone has had any experience with Importing into Novetus, please reply with your Solutions. :pray:

(Not sure if this will be take down, but it is kinda Technically “On-Platform” if it is just a Old Client Bootstrapper :sweat_smile:)

2 Likes

I think you can export a .rbxl file from file> save to file then adding it into the novetus folder.
edit: I don’t know if you have to use an old version of studio or something

1 Like

ROBLOX changed the XML format at some point after 2009. This is why modern files can’t be opened in old clients, but the opposite can.

XML:

Same file (saved in modern client):

You will need to use an old client in order to open them later, but files made in an old client can still be opened in modern ones.

3 Likes

The whole thing was that I wanted to make a small zombie sword fight map,

and to import it into Novetus for me and my friend who can’t play Modern Roblox to play.

You’ll need to make it in a client that’s compatible with Novetus. Trying to import a file made in modern Studio is like bringing something back from the future; something that has yet to exist.

Why can’t you play modern ROBLOX?

My friend isn’t allowed to play Modern Roblox, because of the things that happen on the platform.

But the older clients are basically a more sandbox version of this game he plays called “Brick Rigs” on Steam.

So he would more likely be allowed to play Novetus with me than be allowed to play Modern Roblox.

1 Like

It is disappointing to find out that I can’t put newer levels on old clients.

Will this apply to .rbxm too?

Like, if I got the Classic Sword Model off of the toolbox, would it let me import it to the Old Clients?

Or would I have to find an old .rbxm file for it? Or would it be easier to just recode it?

Update on this:

1. I stopped most of everything I was doing in Novetus.

2. I found out that the SDK for Novetus includes a New-to-old Converter for just about everything;

From Maps and Models, to Scripts and Tools.

So yeah, I can mark this as a Solution. (Finally lol)

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.