How would I Insert a Folder with children via Plugin?

So I’m trying to make this plugin, but it won’t work unless I figure out how to insert a Folder that has 8 items in it,
(they’re all ImageLabels).

I tried to just insert the Folder into my Plugin Script…Apparently that’s not how you do it.
I’m trying to figure out a way so that I won’t have to insert 8 image labels via script and resize and change their images…But if worst comes to worse I will do it that way.

Does anyone know of something that’d help? Thanks

1 Like

I made a plugin like this a while ago, actually (if I’ve understood correctly). you just select the items you want to put in the folder, then click the button (you can assign a hotkey for quicker access too): https://www.roblox.com/library/280390316/New-Folder

Although that plugin is useful, that’s not exactly what I’m trying to do.

What I’m trying to do is Select an Object, then when you click the button, it inserts a folder with 8 image labels all set to certain size/image. If that makes sense.

I’d preferably not have to manually set all that in a script…but if I can’t just bring a folder along in the plugin to clone. I will just code it in.

oh I see. no, you should be able to parent a folder to your plugin script. as long as everything you want to be a part of your plugin is packaged up together when you publish the plugin, it’ll all be there.

4 Likes