How would I kick somebody for wearing an Rthro avatar?

I hate Rthro, everybody does. How would I go about kicking players using an Rthro avatar?

All the time, Roblox shoves Rthro down our throats. They know we don’t like it but they do it anyway. Rthro is absolutely disgusting, and it looks horrible.

Rthro gets rid of the classic blocky characters we know and love and replaces them with more modern and proportional characters.

Although this could be fine, it does not fit the style of Roblox and personally I just believe it makes everything look worse.

One of the biggest problems is Roblox constantly shoving it down our throats. Why constantly promote something that we don’t like. Roblox is slowly stripping away compatibility for R6 characters in favor for Rthro and R15.

Rthro is terrible.

3 Likes

I believe there is a settings ingame to only allow certain rig types. Though, Rthro uses r15 and both use mesh, but the difference is only in TextureID. Rthro has TextureID unlike R15
You can probably run a script to detect if the torso does or doesn’t have a TextureID, or do it for all body parts. Up to you really.

Just destroy the Mesh or SpecialMesh (I forgot which) in each body part when the player joins, using the PlayerAdded and CharacterAppearanceLoaded events.

Here’s a little script:

local player = game:GetService("Players").LocalPlayer
local char = player.Character or player.CharacterAdded:Wait()

for _, v in pairs (char:GetDescendants()) do 
	if v:IsA("MeshPart") then
		if v.TextureID ~= "" then
			player:Kick("Rthro is not allowed!")
		else
			-- Not rthro
		end
	end
end

Exploiters can use an anti kick from the client if they wanted to be “special” and use rthro when nobody else can so you could also do it on the server like so

local Players = game:GetService("Players")

Players.PlayerAdded:Connect(function(player)

local char = player.Character or player.CharacterAdded:Wait()

for _, v in pairs (char:GetDescendants()) do 
	if v:IsA("MeshPart") then
		if v.TextureID ~= "" then
			player:Kick("Rthro is not allowed!")
		else
			-- Not rthro
		end
	end
end

end)

2 Likes

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! IT worked.

1 Like

Not really. It’ll still kick people using packages like this or this, even though they’re not rthro.

2 Likes