How would I make a console output GUI?

I am trying to make a GUI for my Tech Company’s staff to use to see the client and server output of the game that I can implement into my Tech Company’s Loader.

How would I make something print the output of scripts to see for errors, I have looked but I cant see to find anything, and have no idea where to start.

Thanks,
Ryan.

3 Likes

Just open the console and you see the output for your game. Im confused on why you can’t do that. That will show you the client and server output of the game.

Because if you are not a game developer/have edit permissions you can’t see Server Side Logs, thats where most of my client’s errors are logging.

I think you’re looking for ScriptContext.Error

2 Likes

But you are literally making the game i’m assuming. You should have server side logs.

…or just use the LogService’s MessageOut function.

No, I have a script that people put into their games that talk to my external servers and requires scripts based on a whitelist system. So if they bought the script they would get the product inserted into their game when they play the game, as well as enables some of our building products to work. I do not own the game, but sometimes people do not set up the system correctly such as edit a script they aren’t suppose to edit or stuff like that.

So they make a ticket with us on our Discord Server asking for help, it would be easier if they just linked the game, then trying to explain to a non developer how to open console and navigate to Server logs.

Its a group like PodTech which makes RoAviation products for smaller groups to use. DevForum Post about PodTech