How would I make a particle emitter "swirl" around player?

So, I am trying to accomplish something like the GIF below, but with particle emitters. In short, I want the particles to go around the player in a fashion. How would I do that? Is it possible?

https://gyazo.com/769132ec63f206e7e2093dd8800de523

sorry for the vague information, if you have any questions, leave them down below

5 Likes

Speed: 0
Spread Angle: 360,360
Rotation: -360,360
RotSpeed: 360,360

Just play around with these properties.

3 Likes

I don’t think this qualifies as a scripting question, but,
you could place several particle emitters on the circumference of an invisible disk, all of which shoot outwards from the disk. Then, simply spin the disk.

Lastly, an idea I had to make that spiral effect “move” with your character is for it to inherit the velocity of your character somehow. To do this, simply set all the particle emitters VelocityInheritance property to a value of 1. (Actually, you will all want them to inherit the same velocity of the characters HumanoidRootPart.Velocity rather than the velocities of the parts on the disc, so… I think putting the emitters in attachments which each have the disc as the parent of the attachments will work. Don’t forget to orient the attachments to face outwards so that particles are emitted outwards. Then, weldattach that disc to the HumanoidRootPart, ensuring it has Massless = true and CanCollide = false.
As the disc is attached to the HumanoidRootPart, it will have the same velocity and the particleemitters can’t inherit the velocity of their parent attachments as they don’t have a velocity property… so they have to inherit it from the first parent basepart (which will be the disk) which is the parent of all of those attachments. Finally, spin the Disc by changing the CFrame of the weld on each players client.)

6 Likes