How would i make a player... fly? to a location?

I already asked this in a old post but that wasn’t the main focus of the post. and i’ve done everything else thanks to people here and my own work. but i have no idea how to do this since i’ve been suggested so many things.

I am making a “Homing attack” system similar to the one in the sonic franchise which consists of sonic jumping, homing onto something then being sent to it before jumping up again to chain it if possible.

how would i go around doing the “Being sent to it” part (send a player to a position smoothly (no teleportation) while in mid-air)?

(if you don’t know what i mean, here’s a wiki page on the entire system Homing Attack | Sonic News Network | Fandom)

note: I’m asking for hints / suggestions on how this can be done, not scripts

4 Likes

You can tween their HumanoidRootPart using TweenService.

2 Likes

i’ll return with results if this works

2 Likes

Make sure to anchor the humanoid root part and unanchor when the tween finishes

3 Likes

why should i do this? is it to prevent this? https://gyazo.com/926530958029435b31eab6385392c3d0

2 Likes

Yeah, so the player can’t move during tween

3 Likes

same result as last time sadly

2 Likes

doing this does move the rootpart, but not the character itself

2 Likes

Though, instead of SetPrimaryPartCFrame, use PVInstance | Roblox Creator Documentation.

1 Like

Try bodyvelocities, used them before and it worked

2 Likes

He wants player to fly to a place, not tekeport

1 Like

maybe body movers
i am not known with body movers

1 Like

That’s what I said (30 ch ars)

1 Like

is pivot to a transition to the target location or is it teleporting players to the position?

1 Like

No, it will teleport the player.
But, it will only teleport them when the CFrameValue changes, which might be a smooth transition.

Just something I found though, test it out.

1 Like

it gave the exact result as using Tweens

1 Like

Then this should help you:

1 Like

a question that may be slightly off-topic, but is the primarypart of a character meant to be it’s head? i thought it was the HRP…

https://developer.roblox.com/en-us/api-reference/property/Model/PrimaryPart
Which in this case, is the HumanoidRootPart.

weird, whenever i join the game my primarypart is the head and not the humanoidrootpart