How would I make a VR movement system?

I’m trying to make a VR movement system, but I just can’t figure it out… I have tried putting the camera above an object and moving the object when I push my thumbstick forwards and I think I have to have HeadLocked off for that and that would mean I have to script an entire camera script that doesn’t screw up my idea.

I’m not asking for entire scripts, I would just like to know what I need to do, so I can figure it out myself with knowing what to do. Like I was wondering how to make hand physics and I asked someone and all they said was AlignPositions and that helped me so much so just something like that would be perfect, Thanks! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I have no experience in VR but given you have the parameters of the persons orientation and the sticks positions and rotations you can have them teleport on click when you click it by firing a ray

1 Like

Try putting a sphere under the vr player and moving it by a BodyAngularVelocity

moveyball.BodyAngularVelocity.AngularVelocity = -Cam:GetRenderCFrame().RightVector * (MoveVector.Y * WalkSpeed) + Cam:GetRenderCFrame().lookVector * MoveVector.X * WalkSpeed

also make sure that headlock is off

5 Likes

I’ll try it out soon, thanks for the response :slight_smile:

1 Like