How would I make an line effect like this?

I don’t know the name of this effect, so I can’t search it up. If this has been already posted with a valid solution, please tell me where it is!

(picture from Loomian Legacy, if it wasn’t obvious enough)

What I want to make is something like the line in the middle, where it starts thin, gets thicker, and ends at the same thickness. I don’t know how to make that, and if anyone is able help, that would be great! I don’t want it animated, just how to draw that out.

If the anyone could show me how to bend the line, it would be even better!

(I only use paint net.)

Thanks!

1 Like

To me, it looks like it was drawn with a drawing tablet, and they used pressure sensitivity to change the brush size naturally like shown.

If not, then they could have taken a line, and manually made the thickness smaller at the ends, then used a smudge effect to push it up.

1 Like

Do you know how I can make the thickness smaller, and which editing software has a smudge effect? Thanks!

For changing the line size, the only thing I can think of would be to just take an eraser and go along the line. There is probably a better way, but I’m not sure.

Paint . net has a plugin that allows you to get a smudger tool. I also use that program for a lot of things, so if you’re interested in the program, get a bunch of plugins to help out! Kind of crazy that there is barely a way to outline text in the base program.

1 Like