How would I make my clocktime tween wait?

Ok here is the issue. I cant figure out how to make my Clocktime tween wait. What I mean is when the player presses the button GUI and spams it the sun kind of stays in the same spot I would like it to go down to the next Clocktime setting then once it reaches it and you click it goes back, that way it wont spam and mess up my tween button as well.

local lighting = game.Lighting
local Button = script.Parent

Button.MouseButton1Click:Connect(function()
	if lighting.ClockTime == 15 then
		local Tween = game:GetService("TweenService"):Create(lighting, TweenInfo.new(1), {
			ClockTime = 16.5
		})

Tween:Play()

wait(1) -- pretty much this does nothing ;/

else 
		local Tween = game:GetService("TweenService"):Create(lighting, TweenInfo.new(1), {
		ClockTime = 15
		})

wait(1) -- same with this, it does nothing

end
end)

This is the issue

(I tried doing what I did for my button but I cant get it to work ;/)

The Completed event of the Tween can be utilized in conjunction with :Wait() to make sure that the code yields until the event fires (which is when the full duration of the Tween has elapsed).

Example:

print("This will appear when the Tween has started")
Tween.Completed:Wait()
print("This will appear when the Tween has stopped")

So it should look like this then?

ClockTime = 16.5
		})

else 
		ClockTime = 15
		})

end
end)
1 Like

Eh, still does this

trying to get it to go back once the circle tween button reaches the right
(button tween in seconds is 1)

(sorry if I’m bothering you btw, I don’t mean to)

1 Like

Ah I forgot that adding a debounce would be necessary in this case to ensure that continuous clicks of the button wouldn’t activate the Tweens again until it had concluded.

Before we add the debounce, what happens in its current state can also be visualized through the Output by adding prints (such as the “This will appear when the Tween has started/stopped”) right before and after the Tween.Completed:Wait(). By continuously clicking the button, it would display that the Tween has started and stopped repeatedly, however, after the debounce is added, this should no longer occur.

Here’s what the code would look like with debounce:

(The code that handles the sound effect as well as the Tweening of the button could have the same principles applied to it as well so that it doesn’t play the sound or swap to the wrong position visually.)

local debounce = false

if debounce == false then

debounce = true -- debounce will be set to true so that either of the Tweens are not activated until it's been completed

ClockTime = 16.5
			})

else 
				ClockTime = 15
			})

end

debounce = false -- Sets the debounce to false after the conditional statements/once any Tweens that were activated have stopped
	end
end)

1 Like

Man I gotta get better with learning how to debounce stuff!
yes the sound has been debounced I was able to get some help with that earlier.

Thank you for helping me out :smiley:

Have a good day/night!!!

1 Like