How would I make my game appear more often when searching a certain term?

I’ve been developing a Batman 2022 game for the past 2 months and I’ve noticed that my game isn’t as popular as the others. While my game is still in development, other Batman games that were/are in development still get much more players than mine does. This obviously may an issue with quality, but every player that sends me feedback is usually praising the game for it’s mechanics and looks. My game’s name is “VENGEANCE”, which I think is the root of the problem. How could I make my game pop-up more when players search “Batman” without changing the name of my game?

3 Likes

Apart from your game, there is a lack of visibility for genres in general, the Roblox recommendation system is a mess and never hits the spot for me.

Then again, when I scroll through “popular” (see all page) I have an hard time finding a game that appeals to me, but I’m sure there’s some hidden gem there somewhere, it’s just that Roblox isn’t helping me find it.

Some users have pointed out some valid points here https://devforum.roblox.com/t/roblox-needs-better-games/1717375

2 Likes

You could just get a larger playerbase :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I’m hoping that I can get a large player base once I finish the game. The problem is, how can I get a large player base when my game is hard to discover? For example, say you wanted to play a game about Kanye West, you would search for Kanye West and games that are named Kanye West would pop-up. Then there may be another game about Kanye West, but it isn’t called Kanye West so you have no idea that it even exists. That game could be called Ye or Yeezus Simulator, but it still wouldn’t show even though the game’s main focus is Kanye West. That is the problem I’m really trying to fix here so I don’t have to deal with it in the future.

Rely on ads and players telling friends about how good the game was.

1 Like

Just make ads or contact content creators. No others ways

1 Like

I agree, the games now are mostly made up of clicking simulators. I really miss when game’s had individuality.

How much would a good ad cost me? I’m getting 10k soon from a commission and I’m thinking about saving it up for gamepasses and ads but I’m not sure if 10k would be enough.

I would say, for a super good game, 10k is enough, but for a decent game you’ll need at least 30k

1 Like

It may be that the other games do a lot of publicity.
Some of those games have more than 20M+ visits.