How would I make the player move faster when they're moving downwards?

This is just a quick question, nothing big, but how would I make the player move/accelerate faster when they’re moving downwards?

1 Like

This might help, it helped me fixing stuff.

1 Like

I’m gonna be REAL honest here, I don’t understand that. Is there any simpler solution for this or can you please explain this to me?

1 Like

I even tested the script in that link (even though I didn’t know what to do with it) and all it did was fling me around

1 Like

That is basically a fly script, or as far as I know. I will try to modify the script to your liking, however you cannot expect an answer from me, since I got some IRL work to do…

1 Like

wait, I think you got it all wrong. I’m not trying to make a fly script… I want to make a script that increases the players speed when they’re RUNNING (or falling) downwards. How can I achieve that?

1 Like

I am trying to debug the script, or even find a new one, but as I said, I got some IRL work to do.

kk, just wanted to clear things up

A rough way to go about it would be to detect a change on the Y axis of the HumanoidRootPart’s position, then increase speed with either an instance (bodyforces) or WalkSpeed.

1 Like

Don’t know why I got confused with movement, I guess you could do is check if the humanoid state is free falling, but I don’t get the running downwards part. Also Roblox doesn’t have air resistance, so a part that’s falling will mostly accelerate.

1 Like

how would I even detect a change in the Y axis? I’m still kinda new to scripting, but I haven’t heard of any way to do that?

Probably HumanoidRootPart.Position.Y

1 Like

genius, but before I try that, how would I detect a change in the Y position?

I guess the thing is that if a player jumps, the Y axis increases, and falling down it decreases. So you might want to play with it.

GetPropertyChangedSignal.
Preferably on a LocalScript, due to it firing every time position changes, which isn’t a good thing. I believe it returns the property changed.

1 Like