How would I make this invisible when inactive like other parts of chat?

So I made a pretty nice-looking chat ui that inserts UICorners and makes room for an expand button (it doesn’t work yet), but I realized that I have a bit of a problem. See below:

Yeah. As you can see, while all other UIs in the area go away, the button is not scripted to. How would I script this to work as intended?

2 Likes

It’s probably roblox’s original chat script that’s breaking it.

@spacebadboy123 It’s not scripted to disappear, I was wondering how I could do that.

1 Like

I’m replying to this so it has a better chance at getting answered, after sitting here for about a day.

is the little button with the four arrows that isn’t supposed to dissapear?
If so, then i’d reccomend you to put it inside another screengui that doesn’t get disabled, or to put all the other stuff inside a frame, and then make that frame invisible, so all of it’s children also dissapear.

@spacebadboy123 Have you seen the video? I was trying to figure out how to make it invisible if chat is not being used

After having looked into it for a little second, i found out what happens (assuming you’ve edited roblox’s original chat)
What happens is that within the screengui named “chat”, is a frame called frame. The “Visible” property of this frame get’s changed whenever the player opens or closes the chat. therefore, to make it dissapear as well, you’ll need to parent the button to this frame.