How would I make this sword bright, without lighting up other things?

Hi, basically I want a sword to be super bright white, i tried doing this by using things like point lights but it lights up the floor and anything near the sword which isn’t what I want. Any ideas on making the sword glow without it lighting up the floor?

1 Like

if a highlight fits what you’re looking for & is in budget for the game then you could use one of those

2 Likes

Thanks, I’m not sure I want to use them as may effect the performance because there might be quite a few

Two other options are not having a texture on MeshPart & making its material Neon (probably the better one if you haven’t done it already)

or putting a SurfaceGUI on it with LightInfluence to 0 & Brightness up, but those don’t conform to the mesh

1 Like

Put images on every side with like a 1000,1000,1000 color value then it should kinda glow.

Wouldn’t the neon material work exactly how you need it to?

The neon thing isn’t working for some reason, I think its something to do with its a “special mesh” any ideas what I can do to fix this? Thanks

1 Like

Copy over the properties of the special mesh into a MeshPart, and then change whatever else you need to for your games logic

1 Like

I tried that but now the sword is just a block, even though I have copied the mesh Id over