How would I play a tween while another tween is not playing? (Obby Checkpoint Pointer Arrow)

I made a tween script to automatically send an arrow via a beem to the next checkpoint to show where the player is supposed to go in the obby, but I wanted to add when this tween isn’t playing (not moving to the next checkpoint) to play another tween on loop of the arrow moving up and down about 2 studs.

I’m having a very hard time implementing this into my script; any help is immensely appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Script:

local TweenService = game:GetService("TweenService")
local Object = game Workspace.Pointer["1"]
local Object2 = game.Workspace.Pointer["0"]

local tweenInfo = TweenInfo.new(
	0.4, -- The time the tween takes to complete
	Enum.EasingStyle.Linear, -- The tween style.
	Enum.EasingDirection.InOut, -- EasingDirection
	0, -- How many times you want the tween to repeat. If you make it less than 0 it will repeat forever.
	false, -- Reverse
	0 -- Delay
)

game.Players.LocalPlayer:WaitForChild('leaderstats',math.huge):WaitForChild('Stage'):GetPropertyChangedSignal("Value"):Connect(function()
	local Stage = game.Players.LocalPlayer:WaitForChild('leaderstats',math.huge):WaitForChild('Stage')
	local NextStage = workspace.Checkpoints:FindFirstChild(Stage.Value+1)
	local NextStagePos = NextStage.Position

local Tween = TweenService:Create(Object, tweenInfo, {Position = NextStagePos + Vector3.new(0,1,0)})
	local Tween2 = TweenService:Create(Object2, tweenInfo, {Position = NextStagePos + Vector3.new(0,14,0)})

Tween:Play()
	Tween2:Play()
end)

Tween In Action:

Tween In Action with Parts Visible:

Tween.Completed:Connect(function()
end)

Where would I put this into my code?

Replace

Please read the full first message (I am trying to make a new tween and implement it with this one)

Because tweens overwrite eachother when called, I think this is could be easier than you think.
Here’s some psuedo-code to show what I mean:

local IdleTweenInfo = TweenInfo.new( _, _, _, -1 true, _) --these values are mandatory
IdleTween:Play()--kickstarts the idle tween

PropertyChangedSignal:Connect(function()
    MoveToNextCheckpointTween:Play()--play the tween to the next checkpoint

MoveToNectCheckpointTween.Completed:Wait()--wait for it to complete

IdleTween:Play()--restarts the idle tween, loop infinitely
end)

Hope this helps! :grin:

2 Likes

I dont think it will work but try this

local Tween1Plays = false

Tween1Plays = true
Tween.Completed:Connect(function()
Tween1Plays = false
end)
while true do
wait(1)
if Tween1Plays == false then
end
end

This solution seems to work in theory, but when I tried it, it didn’t work. (non of the tweens are working)

Maybe I made an error??

local Object = game.Workspace.Pointer["1"]
local Object2 = game.Workspace.Pointer["0"]

local tweenInfo2 = TweenInfo.new(
	-1, -- How many times you want the tween to repeat. If you make it less than 0 it will repeat forever.
	false, -- Reverse
	0 -- Delay
)

local tweenInfo = TweenInfo.new(
	1, -- How many times you want the tween to repeat. If you make it less than 0 it will repeat forever.
	true, -- Reverse
	0 -- Delay
)

local IdleTween1 = TweenInfo.new(Object, tweenInfo2, {Position = Object.Position + Vector3.new(0,1,0)})
local IdleTween2 = TweenInfo.new(Object2, tweenInfo2, {Position = Object2.Position + Vector3.new(0,1,0)})

IdleTween1:Play()
IdleTween2:Play()

game.Players.LocalPlayer:WaitForChild('leaderstats',math.huge):WaitForChild('Stage'):GetPropertyChangedSignal("Value"):Connect(function()
	local Stage = game.Players.LocalPlayer:WaitForChild('leaderstats',math.huge):WaitForChild('Stage')

local Tween = TweenService:Create(Object, tweenInfo, {Position = NextStagePos + Vector3.new(0,1,0)})
	local Tween2 = TweenService:Create(Object2, tweenInfo, {Position = NextStagePos + Vector3.new(0,14,0)})

Tween2.Completed:Wait()
	IdleTween1:Play()
	IdleTween2:Play()
end)

Code in action:

A couple things I see here.

My Idea of the Idle Tween is to take the current position of the arrow, and tween it upwards some unit of studs, and since it reverses it will look like its bobbing. I’ve tried to make myself more clear this time.

local IdleTweenInfo = TweenInfo.new()--dont forget you can make it bob downwards instead if you wanted to
local MoveToCheckPointInfo = TweenInfo.new()

Arrow.Position = CurrentCheckpoint.Position + Vector3.new(0,1,0)--makes sures that the arrow is in its place before tweening

local IdleTween = TweenService:Create(Arrow, IdleTweenInfo, {Position = CurrentCheckPointPosition + Vector3.new(0,14,0)}) --assuming that the arrow is already placed above the first checkpoint
IdleTween:Play()

GetPropertyChangedSignal:Connect(function()
    local Stage
    local NextStage
    local NextStagePos 

local MoveToNextCheckpointTween = TweenService:Create(Arrow, MoveToCheckPointInfo, {Position = NextStagePos + Vector3.new(0,1,0)})
    MoveToNextCheckpointTween:Play()
    MoveToNextCheckpointTween.Completed:Wait()

end)

--using this method, the arrow tweens to its minimum position when going from checkpoint to checkpoint, and idles to its maximum position.You can reverse this by reversing the idletween's goal and the movingtween's goal

Also be sure the two different tweens use their own info.

Hope this helps! :grin: (again)

Why is tweening so hard!! I’m so sorry but it’s still not working

I can’t tell if it’s on my end as there are lines in the code, but the tweening is not moving like in the last video.

heres my code

local IdleTweenInfo = TweenInfo.new(0.4, -- The time the tween takes to complete
	-1, -- How many times you want the tween to repeat. If you make it less than 0 it will repeat forever.
	true, -- Reverse
	0) -- Delay)--dont forget you can make it bob downwards instead if you wanted to
local MoveToCheckPointInfo = TweenInfo.new(	0.4, -- The time the tween takes to complete
	1, -- How many times you want the tween to repeat. If you make it less than 0 it will repeat forever.
	false, -- Reverse
	0)
local Arrow = game.Workspace.Pointer["1"]
local Arrow2 = game.Workspace.Pointer["0"]

local CurrentCheckPoint workspace.Checkpoints:FindFirstChild(Stage.Value)

Arrow.Position = CurrentCheckpoint.Position + Vector3.new(0,1,0)
Arrow2.Position = CurrentCheckpoint.Position + Vector3.new(0,1,0)--makes sures that the arrow is in its place before tweening

local IdleTween = TweenService:Create(Arrow, IdleTweenInfo, {Position = CurrentCheckPoint.Position + Vector3.new(0,14,0)}) --assuming that the arrow is already placed above the first checkpoint
local IdleTween2 = TweenService:Create(Arrow, IdleTweenInfo, {Position = CurrentCheckPoint.Position + Vector3.new(0,14,0)}) --assuming that the arrow is already placed above the first checkpoint

local MoveToNextCheckpointTween = TweenService:Create(Arrow, MoveToCheckPointInfo, {Position = NextStagePos + Vector3.new(0,1,0)})
	MoveToNextCheckpointTween:Play()
	MoveToNextCheckpointTween.Completed:Wait()

end)

I was having trouble because theres only one arrow when I have arrow 2 parts, I also dont get what you mean by “–dont forget you can make it bob downwards instead if you wanted to”??

I seemed to have done it. Thanks so much for the help!

1 Like

Sorry, that’s just a typo. Whoops!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.