How would I recreate this example for IKControl?

Hello! I’m sure plenty of you know about the new IKControl instance. And also remember seeing this example:
gif

Though its never explained how it was created, how would I replicate this? Does this use normal keyframed animations, mixed with IK in some fashion?

1 Like

You are correct in your assumption. There is a standard animation being played in conjunction with the IKControls. The shown example is using two IKControl Instances to move the left and right legs individually. When an IKControl Instance is used on a limb, it will overwrite the animation depending on how strong the weight of the IKControl is set.

Here’s a thread where I go into much further detail on how IKControls can be used with RayCasts to position limbs on a custom rig I designed:

This post is the 4th post I saw on wanting to recreate the IK Control demo:

1 Like

You would be very surprised how ineffective google was in not showing me those existed. Only found your post mentioning that after following the post the other guy linked above.

2 Likes

No worries, this is a new topic and most of the posts also wanted the same thing with no solution.

Mostly just incentive and justification for publishing my community resource.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.