How would I resize a tool's handle with a script?

I am making a sword for a fighting game and one of the attacks will make the sword giant before the user slashes it. I can’t modify the tool’s scale property (why, roblox? why?) and the handle is not a mesh or anything; it contains multiple parts as its children, as shown here.
How would I make a function to resize a tool’s handle in a way that doesn’t mess it all up?

When you say you can’t modify, are you saying there are no changes when changing the size using a script?

When I try to change tool.Scale in my code, it does not actually show up as a property of tool. It does not appear in the properties selector at all.

Could I see how the script is done on your end? It is possible you may need to include two additional parts to the sword model if you want to resize the handle, or maybe the hitbox in this case.

tool:ScaleTo() seems to work actually. I did not know this function existed. Thanks for trying to help, though.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.