How would I secure client sided projectiles incase of exploiters?

Im making a game and im using client sided projectiles for it (due to performance purposes, etc). I use a module to handle these projectiles for ease of access and the client uses that module. Replicating I dont have a issue with, I just add a cooldown between replicating. Only problem I have is the damaging. What I do is fire a damaging remote that does damage based on what type of projectile it is. Im REALLY confused on how to fully secure it from exploiters. Right now I have a slight cooldown thats 2 seconds shorter than the rendering cooldown. But still, that can be exploited considering exploiters can just loop the remote every time the cooldown is over. Im very confused on what to do. Any help?

1 Like

Your method of firing a remote to signify a hit can easily be hijacked, exploiters can easily change the projectile type to achieve maximum damage or to just break your game. Along with other workarounds.
I suggest doing the damage calculations on the server (with minimal input from the client, usually all you need is a click to register and/or mouse position), and the visual calculations/effects on the client.

1 Like

Sorry for the late response. But what i did was create a projectile on the server which will do the damage but its invisible. It could cause possible damage delay if the server is lagging but its better than being vurnable to exploits.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.