How would I set camera mode to only the default one?

How would I set camera mode to only the default one?

I would like to make it so that the camera mode is always the default one. Ex: when you enter the settings menu it would say “Set By Developer” next to the camera mode.

There are no settings I’ve found which accomplish this.

I’ve looked in the StarterPlayer, but the CameraMode setting there doesn’t do what I want to do.

Thanks for reading. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3 Likes

Use StarterPlayer.DevComputerCameraMovementMode. Learn more here:

This does work, but when I go into settings it still allows them to pick the camera mode. When they pick a different one in settings it doesn’t actually work in game. Is there a way I could make it say “Set By Developer” there?

Add this as well: StarterPlayer.DevTouchCameraMovementMode

So in other words your script should look like this:

local player = game.Players.LocalPlayer

-- Set the player's camera movement mode on computers to classic
player.DevComputerCameraMode = Enum.DevComputerCameraMovementMode.Classic
-- Set the player's camera movement mode on mobile to classic
player.DevTouchCameraMovementMode = Enum.DevTouchCameraMovementMode.Classic
1 Like

Where should I put the script?

1 Like

Actaully, nevermind. It would be a Script inside of ServerScriptService that looks like such:

local StarterPlayer = game.StarterPlayer

StarterPlayer.DevComputerCameraMovementMode = Enum.DevComputerCameraMovementMode.Classic -- Change to mode you want
StarterPlayer.DevTouchCameraMovementMode = Enum.DevTouchCameraMovementMode.Classic -- Change to mode you want

I have tested this and it works.

3 Likes

It does work, but for some reason when I enter settings it allows me to still pick the camera mode.

Copy and paste your exact script please.

This is what it looks like for me right now:

Also make sure you are using this script, I changed a few things:

StarterPlayer.DevComputerCameraMovementMode = Enum.DevComputerCameraMovementMode.Classic -- Change to mode you want
StarterPlayer.DevTouchCameraMovementMode = Enum.DevTouchCameraMovementMode.Classic -- Change to mode you want

That’s weird. This is what it looks like for me:

Copy your entire script and paste it in a reply to me. I will check it.

I copied the exact script you sent. The movements mode and shift lock switch were done separately.

can you just send it anyways I want to be sure

StarterPlayer.DevComputerCameraMovementMode = Enum.DevComputerCameraMovementMode.Classic – Change to mode you want

StarterPlayer.DevTouchCameraMovementMode = Enum.DevTouchCameraMovementMode.Classic – Change to mode you want

When I publish the game and then I play it on roblox, it says set by developer. Then when I leave and rejoin it stops saying set by developer.

Its because you only have one dash before the notes I made. Add a second dash and it will work!
My script:

Your script:

1 Like

It’s two dashes, I just didn’t use the script quote thing

1 Like

Can you add me to team create in your game? I’ll take a look. You can delete me afterwards.

I figured it out. The camera in the workspace’s camera type was fixed and I changed it to custom and it worked again. I don’t know why this worked