How Would I Start Building A Car?

Hello I am trying to start making my own models for my games I am just trying to figure out how would I start making a car.

4 Likes

To make anything complex like a car try using blender. Here is a pretty good tutorial and you can find more on YouTube.

Edit: If you want to make it drive-able I recommend the Inspare chassis, I’ve linked a tutorial below.

3 Likes

You could always start with a car building kit. The first thing I would do is make a chassis for the car.

2 Likes

If I make a model on blender how would i get it into studio?

You can use this stream:

But just to sum it up here are the steps I use:

https://www.roblox.com/library/5599860106/Mesh-Part

1 Like

These kind of topics get brought up a few times. It basically just comes down to: learning practicing and start creating cars or other models, and learn how to accomplish these types of objects.

I would try learning how to make cars using Blender since it’s a free open source software and good for making complicated models, you’ll be able to model cars if you learn and take that information and build from there.

Building cars aren’t hard once getting the hang of it however since your more of a beginner i’ll start simple by learning the interface and ropes around Blender before attempting to create models following tutorials to learn more about that specific software. Here is a simple guide with useful information to write down for later process.

1 Like

Hello!

A lot of these people seem to have provided as much help but what it really boils down to is just practice. It’s the key factor to getting better at something.

For example, you could make a crazy wicked looking low poly car. But that’s a good start, come back in maybe a day or maybe an hour and try again, making something that is better than the first car you made.

As you progress through making cars you will come to pretty complicated things, that’s when you go to YT or here via DevFourm. Thats the process really and once you get the hang of making pretty simple cars you can move up a level of making super detailed cars.

I also want to mention that it may not seem easy to you, but thats alright you just gotta practice, practice, practice.

If this helps one thing I do is trace the cars exterior. I get 3 images, one in the front one on the side and one on the back, I place it so all of them are kind of intersecting, and switch between views of tracing them with a flat plane. Now that is more for a bit more detailed car but it always seems to workout for me. Give it a try once you start getting the hang of it and if you dont like it thats alright! We all have our own style :smiley:

P.S Watch a lot of YT videos as I mentioned, it helps getting to know how they do things and explain how whatever your watching works.

4 Likes

Its not really easy. As a Mercedes Fan I made 10+ cars in like 2 or 1 year

I would start with blueprint modeling and then extra