How would I start making a building system

1. What do you want to achieve? I want to make a building system, similar to the one in SCP 3008.

2. What is the issue? I don’t know where to start or what to use to do it.

3. What solutions have you tried so far? I’ve looked around but can’t find a good solution.

Also, I’m not that good at scripting so please be as specific as possible.

Edit: I made a basic script to make a part teleport to another part, but I don’t know how to make it move to a player.

local blueCube = game.Workspace.BlueCube

while true do
	redBlock.CFrame = CFrame.new(blueCube.Position) + Vector3.new(0, 2, 0)
	wait(.000001)
	end
7 Likes

I’m no scripter but I sometimes look on YouTube for tutorials and a guide. If this isn’t an option, your best bet is to hire one or just dm a scripter in messages.

1 Like

I tried searching youtube, but it came up with how to build bases in SCP 3008. Also, I don’t have enough funds to hire anyone. Do you have any idea of what I could search up to find something like this?

1 Like

I am good at scripting pls tell me what do you mean I dont know scp 3008

https://www.roblox.com/games/2768379856/3008-2-7
When you pick up a couch or similar the model you are moving stays a certain distance away and allows you to anchor it to a place.

My last guess would probably be google. Unfortunately I’m not an experienced scripter so I can’t help too much in your situation.

I tried that, but the only good result won’t load. Thanks for your time.

You could get the CFrame of the camera, get the lookvector and multiply it by the amount that you want to offset from the player. Something that should be mentioned with this way of achieving a building system is that if you are using a scriptable camera, and setting the camera position, the object will go from the camera’s position and not the character’s.

To build, its easy, clone the thing you want to build, and move it to the lookvector multiply position that I mentioned above. Then, just stop the moving and the effects that you may have put in while building. (Also parent the build correctly afterwards so that you don’t build inside or get stuck on it).

How would I start? (MUSTBE30CHARACTERS)

I don’t really know why you are asking that. If you don’t know anything about scripting, then search the core concepts and find out exactly what you want to do. If you are curious about the CFrames I spoke about, then search Understanding CFrames on the developer hub. And also make a game inside of studio and just use trial and error to find your way around things.

Just to put this option out there, you may want to start small on simple projects until to get an understanding of what you need to do to make a game like SCP 3008.

I’m working with a team, and I’m the main scripter, so I really need to figure this out. The rest of the game is complete, and they need me to get this thing working.

Maybe ask to see if one of the other scripters knows what to do. Unless you already asked them…

I only have one other scripter, but I’ll try asking! EDIT: He is offline. :confused: