How would I use Mesh Deformation on accessories?

I’ve been extensively looking around for any guidance but it appears I am quite unlucky on this.

Example use case of mesh deformation on accessories: Let’s say a player has a skirt (a MeshPart that is imported from blender with nothing inside it), The skirt would adapt to the players leg movement as to not clip through the players leg limbs. So the skirt would stretch and bend within the upper legs of the character.

The release post for Skinned MeshParts stated:

Can I make skinned accessories to work with rigid R15 parts?

Yes, as long as the rigid parts are part of a Humanoid Model. The accessory mesh needs to be skinned to joints named as per the R15 body parts. Eg. LeftUpperArm joint is where the left shoulder is. This is the same as the current convention for importing R15 Models.

But I am not catching onto this clearly (sorry for my lack of knowledge around this, I am primarily a scripter).

How would I go about this? Would I need to do some prior rigging in Blender where the skirt was made? And once after importing, where do I go from there? I have been messing around with the Bone instance in studio but so far no progress has been made.

You must go to blender and then make the bone in the accessory then save it as a file then with the default roblox animation plugin select Custom which you then select the file and Boom you can now animate it here is a Video:

pls dont laugh at me for this thumbnail

5 Likes