How would you be able to make a working joystick in Roblox?

I would like to make a working joystick in roblox using anything but CFrame and invisible unions that turn visible when you click a button. Any ideas?

1 Like

Do you mean a joystick in-game that a player moves their character around to interact with and push the joystick itself?
If so try using Constraints to move the Joystick when the player touches it. It wouldn’t have to be made of Unions, just Parts Welded together depending on how detailed you want it.
If this isn’t what you need please describe what you need in a bit more detail.

I want a joystick to move in a certain direction when a GUI button is pressed.

Where is it going to be? In the middle of your build or are you trying to fix it to the screen position like a GUI?
If it’s at a fixed position in game you could use 1 HingeConstraint | Documentation - Roblox Creator Hub set to Servo attached to an Anchored, Transparent, CanCollide off Part and another Unanchored, Transparent, CanCollide off Part to hinge the base of the joystick one axis, and then use another HingeConstraint set to Servo attached from that 2nd Part to the base of the joystick hinged the other direction. With both set to Servo you can get the inputs from the GUI to rotate the Hinges and return them to center when there is no input.

2 Likes

Sorry for the late reply, I don’t even know how I forgot the two hinge constraint trick. Thanks.

1 Like