How would you guys recommend getting better at building?

Hello! I’m trying to become an advanced builder but I’m not sure whats the best approach to it. I’ve been trying to branch out and learn all the skills Roblox offers.

Thanks! Happy new year :tada:

2 Likes

To start off, I would recommend watching youtube tutorials on how to make simple builds, after that try to look at builds that are slightly more advanced and once you get pretty good then you can start making things like realistic games and low poly games and etc.

I recommend starting off with low poly.

4 Likes

Well, I think identify what kind’ve style you like or general and just practice, mainly pictures at the start so you get a solid image and idea of key features of common models you’ll have to make. After this maby try one bigger project and make it into a game to round out all of the practice and go round for a few hours- days polishing it and noting all the mistakes you make and then fix them. Rinse, repeat from here: Look for good plugins, youtube guides are good and a reference pic will go along way. Hope this helps.

4 Likes

Build, build, build!

Like @AmusingDev said, it might be a good idea to start off building low-poly.

Look up reference images, get inspired, and get comfortable with the build tools.

After lots of practice you’ll eventually start getting better and better.

5 Likes

Thanks for the tip! I’ll make sure to try out low poly and grow out from there

2 Likes

Visit showcases :smiley: like from EBR, and visualise yourself making different things you see, and how you would go about doing it. DieSoft has some awesome videos on youtube too :slight_smile:
Also, you can try to rebuild things from your favourite videogames, such as spaceships etc so that you can get an idea for design, which builds up your own creative ideas.

3 Likes