How would you recover player data from Roblox Downtime / Maintenance issues

With regards to the Recent Issues roblox have been experiencing, I was wondering how developers are managing to keep player data from wiping and erroring; because datastore services are currently down, you wouldn’t receive the players correct data from their last session, so would you just put that data received on hold or something ?

Also I noticed Roblox resurrected some APIs on the site, allowing players to log onto games during this maintenance period. Surely this would of just caused even more problems regarding data loss.

Games such as Adpot me use log in streaks to maintain player activity, and I would like to know how they would handle giving streaks back to players who were unable to log in.

I would like to see some coding solutions to handle a situation like this using normal datastores. Any feedback would be appreciated.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure the data will be back. it’s just that saving and loading data doesn’t work right now. So you should be fine.

3 Likes

You’d most likely need to have all these measures set in place already.

Adopt me probably already uses datastore v2 which has Automatic backup with versioning.

Other ways to prevent data loss could be not allowing players to join if the datastores aren’t accessible. So there isn’t a possibility it somehow saves their empty data.

1 Like

Pretty sure if they use tick() to check daily rewards, they would just take away 172800 seconds (or 2 days) or however long the outage lasts for.

1 Like